ALPHA PROLIPSIS Cytology Laboratories combine national leadership in Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) with outpatient surgical pathology and cytology needs tailored for outpatient medical practices. ALPHA PROLIPSIS Cytology Laboratories provide a wide range of cytopathology services including the routine screening of gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimens.
The Laboratories are staffed by skilled cytopreparatory technicians and Board Certified Cytopathologists. The staff is available Monday - Friday from 0800-2100. The specimen test listings should address most questions. If there are any additional questions, please feel free to call the department at +30 2106980565, or the cytology supervisor at +30 6977430971
Clinicians have the choice of two types of liquid-based pap testing: the ThinPrep® Pap Test™ and the BestPREP™ liquid-based Pap test. Both tests are processed and screened in our laboratory.
- Our established quality control/quality assurance program is continuously monitored and evaluated to provide ongoing quality improvement.
- Rescreening a minimum of 10% of all negative Paps, including all patients who are at High Risk for developing cervical cancer
- Ongoing correlation and documentation between Pap smear and biopsy results
- Review of all high-grade and malignant Pap tests with biopsy discrepancies
- Rescreening of all negative Pap cases from the previous five years whenever a new high-grade lesion or malignant Pap case is reported
Some aspects of our quality control program include: